The aim of Haddington Camera Club is to provide a friendly and supportive forum for everybody interested in photography, whether they are beginners, experienced photographers, or somewhere in between.
CONSTITUTION AND RULES of the HADDINGTON CAMERA CLUB
(of Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland)
(Revised October 1994)
(Further revised October 1995, October 2006 and April 2011).
1. The Club shall be called HADDINGTON CAMERA CLUB.
2. The OBJECT of the Club shall be the practice and promotion of photography amongst its members, by the reading of papers and notes, by demonstration of processes and methods, by the delivery of lectures relating to photography and also by the promotion of outings and exhibitions of photographic work.
3. The management shall be vested in a Committee consisting of President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Competition Secretary and up to 6 ordinary members. Five members of a Committee shall form a quorum. The Committee is empowered to elect appropriate Sub Committees as and when necessary. Also, if desired, they may appoint an Assistant Secretary. The Committee may fill up any vacancies among its members.
4. An Auditor shall be elected annually.
5. Elections shall be held at the Annual General Meeting. Office Bearers shall normally hold office for two years. Retiring Office Bearers may be re-elected for a further period of two years up to a maximum of 4 years and shall not be eligible for election to the post for a further year. Other members of the Committee shall hold office for one year and be eligible for re-election each year up to a maximum of 4 years.
6. The Annual General Meeting shall be held during March or early April. The financial year shall end on 28th February and the Treasurer shall submit Accounts duly audited to the A.G.M.
7. Any paid up member shall be entitled to appoint a proxy to vote on their behalf at an AGM or Special General Meeting of the Club. The proxy must be a paid up member of the Club and must present a signed proxy form at the meeting.
Alternatively a member may appoint the President to vote on their behalf by sending a signed proxy form to the Secretary or other appropriate Club official prior to the AGM or Special General Meeting.
8. A Special General Meeting shall be called: –
(a) When the Committee deem necessary.
(b) On a requisition being presented to the Secretary stating the matter to be discussed and signed by at least twelve ordinary members.
The Secretary shall give members at least seven days Notice of a Special General Meeting, stating the matter to be discussed.
9. In the absence of the President the meeting shall elect its own Chairman.
10. The subscription shall be determined at each Annual General Meeting.
11. Subscriptions shall be payable on admission to membership and thereafter by the end of October each year. New Members admitted during the months of February and March shall be exempt from payment for the session.
12. A member whose subscription is in arrears after October shall not be eligible to enter any competition or exhibition sponsored by the Club, until no longer in default. A member in arrears with two subscriptions shall be deemed to have resigned from the Club, except at the discretion of the Committee.
13. Any member wishing to resign shall give written notice to the Secretary on or
before 31st October or shall be liable for the subscription for the current season.
14. Any member changing address must notify the change to the Secretary, otherwise all notices sent to the old address shall be held as duly delivered.
15. The Committee shall have power to expel any member whose conduct is in opposition to the well being and good name of the Club.
16. The Club shall meet at 7.30 pm on Tuesdays from October to March and also during the summer on dates to be arranged by the Committee. The Committee shall have power to alter the date and time of meetings as may seem desirable and necessary. They shall also have the power to arrange outings and extra meetings.
17. The Committee shall draw up Syllabuses for the Summer and Winter months. A copy of each Syllabus card shall be provided to all members.
18. Each member may introduce friends to any meeting or outing (excluding business meetings). The Committee shall have the power to limit this facility if necessary.
19. The Rules and Regulations contained herein shall be equally binding on all members.
20. These Rules can only be altered by a two-thirds majority of those attending the Annual General Meeting or a Special General Meeting called in terms of Rule 8. Any member desiring to propose any alterations in, or addition to these Rules, may do so by submitting the terms of the motion, in writing, to the Secretary three weeks before the Annual General Meeting or by requisitioning a Special General Meeting in terms of Rule 8.
Adopted at the Annual General Meeting of March 26th 1996.
signed David W Elder President
signed Linda Sneddon Secretary