Haddington Camera Club was founded in 1952.
The Founding Members
The photograph is in a simple folding card mount, with (in pencil) the legend “George Angus / Original founder members”
According to long-standing club member Jack Tully-Jackson, the people shown are:
Back row, L to R: Duncan Stewart, John Cran (Manager, Boots), Sandy Clyne, Frank Tindal (Planning Officer), Matthew Carlaw MBE (Burgh Chamberlain).
Front row, L to R: Harvey Gardener (Chemist), George Angus, Adam Brown (East Linton), David Smith (now residing in Aberlady).
The club rooms in Market Street opened 7th October 1958. (L to R) Alistair Angus, Eddie Reynolds, Eric Groome, Jimmy Buglass.
A portrait session in 18 Market Street 9th January 1959.
(L to R) Standing: Jimmy Buglass,
John Cran, Alistair Angus,
William Hepburn, Harvey Gardiner.
Kneeling: George Johnson and James Dow.
Model: Elisabeth Anderton.
A presentation in 18 Market Street in 1976. Bill Yule is the presenter.
In these early days there was a thriving Audio Visual section of the club, driven by Drew Scott, Jack Tully-Jackson and Ian Fullerton.
This photo was taken in the Loch Centre, Tranent for the launch of Volume 2 of East Lothian at War by Jack Tully-Jackson and Ian Brown in 2001.
A reminder of how we used to do Audio Visual Presentations!
We had to vacate our dedicated premises in Market Street so the decision to move to Poldrate was taken at the AGM of the club on 27th March 1979, and we have been there ever since.